Basic information about the card
ScopeDome USB Card ver. 1.2 is designed to control the astronomical observatories. It consists of four basic elements:
- stationary main part - mounted at the telescope, which controls the rotary engine of the dome,
- moving part - mounted on the movable part of the dome, which controls shutter,
- remote control for convenient control the movement of the dome during visual observations,
- control software for Windows (ScopeDome driver).
Versatile design of our card allows you to control different types of domes. With four built-in relays you can control the powering of the observatory's equipment such as telescope, camera, lighting, ventilation. The card is equipped with the necessary inputs that indicate the current status of the dome (Home Sensor, Shutter Open Sensor, Shutter Close Sensor). Part of the card that controls the shutter communicates with the main part of the card through the wire. Communication of our card with the telescope is realized by
ASCOM platform 6.0 or TheSky6 and TheSkyX sky atlas.
Card is designed to work with selected sorts of weather stations and cloud sensors.
The range of possible applications
ScopeDome USB Card ver. 1.2 allows you to control the domes of different manufacturers equipped with single or double shutter and all kinds of observatories Roll-Off Roof type. The system of outputs that control the operation of engines which drive the dome and the shutter is versatile and allows you to use any engine - from typical 12V DC motors (for small domes), through the stepper motors, up to three-phase AC motors. If you use a 12V motors, you have to use the appropriate Relay Box.
Communication of the card and the computer is provided via USB port. The software enables to use the card to control the domes of any diameter.
The card has a built-in 230V AC power supply.
Basic card hardware functions
- Control of rotary engine and measuring the azimuth of the dome.
- Control of the shutter engines and providing an information about their current mode.
- Power control up to four devices of the observatory equipment.
- Emergency shutdown of the shutter in the case of bad weather conditions.
- FindHome – searching for HomeSensor position.
- Remembering the position of the dome after power off.
- The internal card remote firmware revision procedures, without being physically present at the observatory.
- ScopeDome USB Driver cooperate with selected weather stations and cloud sensors:
- Heavy Weather
- Davis Vantage Pro
- Boltwood Cloud Sensor
- AAG Cloud Watcher